Sunday, October 3, 2010

Miss Gibler (Not Yet Mrs. Johnson)

Hi everyone!  If you don't know me already, I'm Valerie, and I'm getting married in 48 days!!!  I've been thinking about starting a blog for quite some time, but wasn't sure I'd have enough to say.  Now that I'm embarking on the exciting new adventure of marriage, I'm confident that I'll have plenty to share.  

Who am I?  I am a fun, responsible, healthy-food-eating, animal-loving girl from Idaho, but I have been living in Texas for almost 3 years.  In college, I studied psychology, and my true passion is working with adults with developmental disabilities, which I did for about 6 years, and then somehow made a switch to the moving/storage industry.  I love my current job as a coordinator for Suddath Relocation, but I do miss what I used to do.  I enjoy volunteering at my church in the Special Needs ministry.  

Who is my fiance?  His name is Ryan Johnson, but I call him RJ.  He is a very intelligent, hard-working, quiet person who is interested in computers, politics, history, and economics.  He is an absolutely perfect match for me!  We have many shared interests, such as traveling, exploring, Oktoberfests (or any "fest" that involves beer and good food), and walking our sweet dog, Zack.  We have a cat too (Emilia), but she isn't so sweet.   

That's all for now.  Thank you for reading!

 

5 comments:

  1. Look! I'm the first person to comment....now to say something clever with some sage advice about marriage and weddings...okay I'm drawing a blank. I'm only on my first cup of coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Thanks anyway, Kim! You've given me plenty of great advice through reading your blog. You & my sister are the two people who inspired this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the old saying that women tend to marry men that are like their father is true...RJ sounds exactly like your dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Alison. I can't believe you just said that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously Val! Does this not sound just like your dad???? In a very good way, of course...all excellent qualities to have! I bet they get along well...

    "He is a very intelligent, hard-working, quiet person who is interested in computers, politics, history, and economics."

    Sounds like you've found an amazing guy -- gosh, I can't wait to meet him someday!

    ReplyDelete